I'm a software engineer with over 7 years of experience in iOS development. I believe that optimizing the user experience is key to creating software people love.
ZoeLog for iOS is inspired by my background as a camera assistant in film and television. For each shot of a film, tv show, or commercial, there are notes about what kind of lens was used, how far the actor was from the camera, lens height, filters, etc. These used to be written by hand on notepads that were laborious to share, difficult to search through, and easily lost or damaged. ZoeLog replaced that system with a custom interface to make data entry simple, and a backend that syncs data in real time with multiple users.
- 1800+ users in a niche market of less than 8000 potential users worldwide.
- 53% conversion rate of first open to in-app purchase in Q3 2019 (32% since 2016).
- Replaced a previously low-tech handwritten system by simplifying complex data entry and sharing.
- Deep level customization options enhance keypads already tailored for individual input fields.
- Test Driven Development utilized to produce a text parser that automatically handles prefixes and suffixes.
- Implements bug fixes and new features based on customer feedback.
- Union training workshops encourage new camera assistants to use ZoeLog.
- Streamlines workflow for VFX heavy films.
Equipment Manager for Mac OS was created track vast amounts of rented professional camera equipment going between the film set and camera rental house. Film loaders, who are in charge of managing the equipment, relied on the rental houses' records being accurate, which wasn't always the case. Equipment Manager allowed busy film loaders to quickly and accurately keep their own equipment records.
- Saved thousands of dollars compared to previous years by achieving a final $0 in lost and damage eqipment charges on House M.D. in 2012.
- Parsed PDFs to cross-reference data against rental house records.
- Handheld Barcode Scanner
Code Names Setup Assistant for iOS randomly assigns designations to cards for the party game "Code Names".
More About Me
- I was a Camera Assistant working in film and tv from 2005 - 2019. Check out my IMDB.
- I'm trying to make all the furniture in my home. There's an Instagram for that.
- I also enjoy rock climbing. You'll find me at my local rock gym a few times a week.